Ready or not, the holidays are here! From quality family time, to gift exchanging and spreading holiday cheer, there’s much to look forward to this season. And for many, what’s on the dinner table ranks high on that list, too. Whether you’re in charge of hosting a Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner to remember, or plan on attending the family gathering with a favorite dish in-hand, it’s always helpful to get a dose of inspiration before heading into the kitchen or firing up the grill.
In search of a crowd-pleasing recipe this year that’s sure to become a family favorite for the holiday season and beyond? Look no further than a special side dish creation from The Officer’s Club’s very own Chef Lacey!
A classic holiday dish, mashed potatoes are sure to turn up on many tables this season. But Chef Lacey’s Garlic Mashed Potatoes? They’re a cut above the rest and the perfect way to put a tasty spin on this favorite recipe.
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Unpeeled Yukon gold potatoes (plan on ⅓ to ½ pound of potatoes per person)
- 2 garlic cloves
- Cooking oil
- Heavy cream
- Kosher salt
1. Boil potatoes until soft when poked with a fork.
2. While potatoes are cooking, peel a couple cloves of garlic. Place them in a small pot and cover with oil, turn on medium heat until the garlic is golden brown. Drain and save the oil. (Garlic oil can be used for anything you’d use regular oil for, but want a garlic taste!)
3. In another small pot, heat up heavy cream, butter and add the roasted garlic cloves. Smash or dice the garlic. Chef Lacey uses 2 cups of butter and 8 cups of cream per 15 lbs. of potatoes.
4. Once potatoes are done cooking, drain and place in mixer with paddle attachment. If you don’t have a paddle attachment, you can use an electric hand mixer!
5. Start mixing potatoes, gradually adding in the cream/butter/garlic mixture.
6. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Don’t be shy with the salt - Kosher is best!
7. Once you’ve reached the desired creamy texture and the salt is to your liking, you are ready to serve!
Simple enough, right? No matter what you may be serving up this season, Chef Lacey’s Garlic Mashed Potatoes are the perfect addition to any holiday meal.
On behalf of Chef Lacey and the entire Officer’s Club team, we wish you a healthy and happy holiday season. Plan on trying out this recipe for yourself? Be sure to let us know what you (and your guests!) think!